We support specialist projects run by non-profit, commercial, religious, local authority and government organisations, which work towards improving older people’s quality of life. Expert grants are awarded on a non-competitive basis. One of the main conditions of our support is that the people developing the project have experience in dealing with senior citizens. A project should also have potential in terms of social impact and capacity for subsequent replication.
· To develop the infrastructure of the non-profit and social sectors, enhancing the quality of life of the older generation;
· To find innovative solutions in the sphere of social and medical services for the elderly, with the aim of replicating best practice;
· To study social, economic and psychological aspects of ageing.
Areas of support
· Researching the social, psychological and economic living conditions of elderly Russians;
· Developing innovative methods regarding medical rehabilitation, as well as social and psychological adaptation, of the elderly;
· Social enterprise directed towards the improvement of pensioners’ living conditions;
· Expert evaluation of services for the elderly;
· Sharing Russian and foreign experience of best practice in working with the elderly;
· Training social workers and facilitating exchange of experience between specialists from non-governmental and governmental social institutions;
· Initiatives by regional specialist organisations to develop local projects promoting an active old age.