The Jury Panel of the Hockey for All junior sledge hockey promotion projects competition named the winners of the competition, which the Children’s Sledge Hockey League and the Charitable Foundation of Elena and Gennady Timchenko have held for the first time this year. The Competition builds on the consistent efforts to enable children with disabilities to take up physical sports and an active social life.
The Jury Panel decided to sponsor 11 projects out of 19 competition entries; the authors of 4 projects were advised to improve their bids. These will be revisited 18 March. The competition was held in 3 categories. The winners were:
Category: Promotion Impetus — support for initiatives to form new children’s sledge hockey teams.
- Project: Sledge Hockey Is Calling Orenburg!, Yastreby [Hawks] Sledge Hockey Club Orenburg Regional Non-governmental Fitness and Sports Organization of Disabled People, city of Orenburg.
- Project: Sledge Hockey is My World, Amaliel Promotion Centre for Social and Sporting Activities Independent Not-for-Profit Organization, Leningrad Oblast, town of Kudrovo
- Project: Hockey Chooses the Strong; We choose Hockey, Centre for the Promotion of Adaptive Sports Independent Not-for-Profit Organization, city of Novosibirsk.
Category: Growth Impetus — the development of the existing sledge hockey teams and promotion of sledge hockey in the teams’ host regions.
- Project: Forsazh [Fast & Furious], Open Hearts Krasnoyarsk Regional NGO of Parents to Protect the Rights of Challenged Children, city of Krasnoyarsk
- Project: Spread Your Wings, Krylia [Wings] Children’s Sports Centre Independent Not-for-Profit Organization, city of Moscow.
- Project: Dvizheniye Vpered [Progress/Onward and Upward], Centre for the Promotion of Adaptive Sports Independent Not-for-Profit Organization, city of Berdsk.
- Project: Special Hockey for Special Children, Sledge Hockey Sports Club St Petersburg Regional NGO, St Petersburg.
- Project: Saratov Has Wings, Krylia [Wings] Ice Sports Centre Independent Not-for-Profit Organization, city of Saratov.
- Project: I Will Be a Champion, This Is a Miracle Charitable Foundation, city of Cheboksary.
Category: Integration Impetus — support for initiatives to promote interregional links between teams, play matches and hold joint events.
- Project: Let’s Play Sledge Hockey!, St Petersburg Sledge Hockey Sports Club St Petersburg Regional NGO, city of St Petersburg.
- Project: Sodruzhestvo [Commonwealth] Tournament, Krylia [Wings] Ice Sports Centre Independent Not-for-Profit Organization, city of Saratov.
We congratulate the winners of the competition