The Charitable Foundation of Elena and Gennady Timchenko held a final progress review of the closed competition “Cultural Mosaic: Affiliate Network”, open to the winning teams of the 4th All-Russian Competition called “The Cultural Mosaic of Towns and Villages”.
The Competition, focused on the formation of “centres of attraction” for sociocultural activities in towns and villages, was announced 23 September 2020. There were two preconditions for entry: the availability of partners and fifty-fifty co-funding for a period of two years; after all, the purpose of each project is to put in place a local affiliate network for long-term regional growth.
The competition received 37 entries, which were reviewed by the expert panel between 13 and 21 October. The panel identified 28 winning projects from 24 RF states.
The Volga Federal District will implement 5 projects; the Central, North-Caucasian, Northwest, Ural and Siberian Federal Districts will implement four projects each; the Southern Federal District, two; and the Far-Eastern Federal District, one.
The implementation period of each of the winning projects is two years. Support for the competition winners will be provided in two stages. The decision to move on to stage two will be made based on the results of stage one and the documentation package submitted separately.
Stage one: 1 November 2020 – 31 October 2021
Stage two: 1 January – 31 December 2022.
“The pandemic has made adjustments to all areas of our life. All conventional formats for working with the locals were out, and it was necessary, “right here, right now”, to revise the arrangements for interfacing with people, find new solutions and use digital technologies. We believe that the winning projects of this challenging year, which have already proved their sustainability, will forge a reliable partnership with the governments, businesses and local task forces for local growth,” says Yelena Konovalova, head of the Culture programme at the Timchenko Foundation.
List of winners of the competition Cultural Mosaic: Affiliate Network 2020 — 2022
- I’ll Still Be a Batyr[Superhero]!, Perm Krai, vil. of Bash-Kultayevo
- Living history lessons at the Shukshan Bogatyr [Superhero] Fort, Mari El, p.g.t. [township (twp) of] Novy Toryal,
- Teply Kamen, Perm Krai, vil. of Krasny Yasyl
- KHVALYN FREE WORKSHOPS, Saratov Oblast, town of Khvalynsk
- Antonovka EKA family theatre. “Theatre is the heart of rural revival”, Tatarstan, vil. of Antonovka
- ARTlandia Plus, Kabardino-Balkar Republic, village of Kotlyarevskaya
- Expedition into Life, Stavropol Krai, town of Svetlograd
- New Generation, Republic of Dagestan, village of Madzhalis
- Raduzhnaya Palitra [Rainbow Palette] Art Venue, Stavropol Krai, village of Sengileyevkoye
- MEDvizheniye [Honey Movement], Tomsk Oblast, Verkhneketsky Raion, r.p. [industrial township (IT) of] Bely Yar
- Chirukha, Novosibirsk Oblast, IT of Suzun, Suzun District
- The Pearls of Primorye Livadia, Primorsky Krai, Yuzhno-Morkskoy, Srednyaya, Avangard, Dushkino, Anna
- Development of remote villages in the Altai Mountains using cultural drivers, Republic of Altai, Kosh-Agachsky Raion and Katun Biosphere Reserve in Ust-Koksky Raion
- Important Pixel, Irkutsk Oblast, town of Taishet
- “I’ll Be a Master!”, Volgograd Oblast, Uryupinsk
- “A Young Take on an Ancient City”, Kaluga Oblast, Borovsk
- The creation of a historical/cultural tourist centre within the grounds of the First Cavalry Army Museum in the village of Velikomikhaylovka, Belgorod Oblast, vil. of Velikomikhaylovka
- “Theatre for the In-Crowd”, Krasnodar Krai, Rodnikovskaya
- “Memory through generations”, Yaroslavl Oblast, Tutayev
- Rovenkee Tour Media Guide, Belgorod Oblast, township of Rovenkee
- Fairy Tales of the Pine Forest, Chelyabinsk Oblast, town of Nyazepetrovsk
- YAMAL WORKMEN ART RESIDENCE, YaNAO [Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug], vil. of Yar-Sale, Yamal District
- Our place on the Planet, KhMAO [Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug]-Yugra, s/p [rural settlement (RS) of] Saranpaul, Berezovsky Raion
- Oh, Zenkovo, with Love, KhMAO-Yugra, vil. of Zenkovo, Khanty-Mansiysk Raion
- “The Gorai Park — Second Wind”, Pskov Oblast, vil. of Gorai
- “Initiative unites”, Kaliningrad Oblast, Polessky Raion, vil. of Zalivino
- “In contrast”, Arkhangelsk Oblast, town of Nyandoma
- “Karelian Shot”, Republic of Karelia, Twp of Pryazha